Friday, January 29, 2021

Good Morning Emma!



 It’s a chilly 35 degrees outside now, our fountain out front is frozen and the water is trying to eek out of the top with icicles hanging off the edges. Kind of pretty really.  No one is golfing but the sun is shining brightly.  Grandpa went to the store and I’m taking this moment to write to my favorite girl. You’re 13 years old and I’m guessing that your blond hair has darkened some, like your fathers did.  I hope you’re tall and proud of it.  We have a lot of tall family members. Most important is that I’ll bet you are beautiful inside and out.  I can’t wait to see you again.  My friend and neighbor has a 13 year old grandson who loves playing baseball and has even put his own computer together.  Amazing!  So when I see him I think, well Emma is probably that tall and maybe likes similar music and probably interested in her computer and connecting with friends.  This boys name is A.J. and he and his Mom live not far from his grandparents home.  A.J. visits often and hangs out and goes to dinner with his grandparents. During the summer months he stays at their house for a week or two at a time.  A.J. has a dog named Dodger.  They are pals.  I see them walking Dodger around the neighborhood and I should say, Dodger walks them!!

Žan and Taj are doing well with their virtual learning, I guess.  I haven’t seen them in a long time but am planning a trip in March.  Žan is getting so tall and turning into such a nice young man. He is 10 yrs old now.  Taj is 9 yrs old and is a happy kid.  He talks non stop now.  Remember when he said “I did it”?  You and your daddy witnessed the first words out of his mouth!  A huge feat for Taj.  Your daddy was so excited that he called me immediately and tried to have Taj repeat it.  He wouldn’t.  Miss Colleen at Able Academy said that they’re called “miracle words”, and the child cannot repeat it.  It gave us all hope and you were so good with both Taj and Žan.  Kind and tolerant.  Goodness in your soul.  

Miss you sweetpea.  Hope you are happy.  We are here waiting for you. Call me 703-577-5746. I pray for the day when we are reunited.

Love you to the moon and back,

Grammie