Thursday, October 6, 2022

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday, Emma! I hope you had an amazing birthday on the 27th! 15! Will you get your Learner's Permit? It's exciting to drive :) I remember when your dad would quiz you on your birth date -- even at 3 years old you knew it. We also surprised you one year by going to Disney World, just your dad, you, and me. You got a pink Mickey Mouse hat and all sorts of fun gifts. And your dad had a cake sent to the hotel room and we sang happy birthday to you there. It was so fun. When I find photos, I will share them.

I hope you are well after the hurricane. That was a big one!

We are always thinking about you and wishing for your safety and happiness. Your dad loved you with every morsel of his heart and soul and I know he would want to be here with you. Everyone in Naples in the educational non-profit community that saw you grow up, that watched you color in coloring books in your dad's office, that gave you high-fives when you went to events with your dad, and genuinely loved seeing you, is wishing the best for you. You two were always together -- like glue. Know that you were and will always be super loved.