Thursday, August 31, 2023

Today at the football game was horrible

This is how I remembered you Emma.  

We had not seen you in eight years. I didn’t know which one was you.  Auntie Jo and Auntie DDé knew your dad’s eyes.  I saw your dimples.  Then we knew.  You were scared and upset with those that love you, your grandmother and aunts. You were frightened of us.  I asked you “why”.  I didn’t understand.  I watched you return to the line of cheerleaders and then I had to leave.  It hurt too much.  What have you been told about us?  Only loving you and trying to protect you from a distance, that’s all.  

I thought maybe you could hear my words from my heart when I wrote.  When I’d send a card to your address or a present.  I pray for you honey.

I love you and you are the world to me.  You, Źan and Taj are everything to me.  

Love, Grammie