Thursday, November 23, 2023

Happy Thanksgiving Sweetpea

 Hi Emma,

It’s Thanksgiving day, 2023 and I wish the very best day for you.  I give thanks today for the day you were born and the joy you brought to our family.  God hand picked you for our family so your absence has hurt.  We welcome you back into our family because actually you never left our hearts.  Maybe we weren’t allowed to see you and maybe you were told things about us that weren’t true but you never left our hearts.  In fact Taj and I were talking about another Emma who he spent a great day with and when he was telling me his story, he said “not our Emma, another Emma” .  You are in our present time everyday.  

Forget about how you treated us at the game. You were surprised, maybe you were scared, maybe you thought you’d be in trouble with Scott or your mom if you talked to us.  Yes, I was hurt but I forgive you.  There’s no room in my heart for sadness or unforgiveness.  Your mom, in her heart, knows the right thing to do.  You both must have courage to do what’s in your heart to do.  You know what that is. 

True happiness awaits you with clear understanding.  

Well honey, I’m going to my neighbors for Thanksgiving dinner.  I made cranberry bread and shrimp dip.  Everyone should like them.  The hostess with the mostest is making the rest.  Her daughter, three grandchildren and exchange student from Italy will be there so I’m anxious to hear the conversations.  

Life can be fun and I look forward to us being together.

I love you honey,

Grammie